GENSEND SUMMER: Multiple Locations
GenSend Summer is designed to be one of the most exciting, intense and unique student missionary experiences in North America. It immerses young adults into a context where they gain practical knowledge of the realities of missions and leadership. Participants will spend their time learning to live life on mission under the guidance of local practitioners, compassion ministry leaders and church planters in a major city, on a college campus or at a Send Relief Ministry Center. While reinforcing gospel foundations and simple outreach practices, the intention of summers is to be an extension of the local church’s planting and mercy and compassion efforts.
What is provided for the GenSend experience? We will provide you with housing, in-city transportation and approx. $900 on an expense card for meals and miscellaneous costs.
What is the cost, and how much spending money will I need? Once accepted into GenSend, you will pay:
- For 6-week terms, a non-refundable program fee of $600 is required.*
- For 8-week terms, a non-refundable fee of $800 is required.
- All participants are responsible for round-trip transportation to and from their destination cities, arriving no later than noon on the start date, and leaving on the end date, no later than noon.
What are the GenSend locations for summer 2021?
- 6-week cities (June 18 – July 30)
Ann Arbor, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Edmonton, Hampton Roads, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Francisco
- 8-week cities (May 31 – July 26):
Ashland (Appalachia), Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Denver, New York City, Pittsburgh, Puerto Rico, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Toronto, Vancouver